Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace – Policy for Team Love and Big Team CIC
Team Love is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. We understand that a good/productive working environment is achieved through recognising and appreciating the value of each member of staff as an individual. As a company we aim to create a positive working environment that respects the diversity of its staff , where they feel respected, whilst enabling them to contribute fully, give their best and enjoy their time with the company.
We are committed to:
- Diverse recruitment and creating an inclusive workplace culture
- Embedding diversity and inclusion policies and practices into our organisation
- Promoting equality of opportunity for disabled staff during the course of their employment with us
- Ensuring that our comprehensive equal opportunities policy is developed and maintained through conductive principles of fairness and equality in the workplace.
Objectives of this Policy
The objectives of this policy are:
- That all those on the workforce are treated equally on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), pregnancy and maternity/paternity, religion or philosophical beliefs, political beliefs, class, sex, gender, gender identity, age, health status, HIV status, disability or sexual orientation.
- To ensure lawful and equal treatment of employees as per The Equality Act 2010, in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
- To create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- To ensure suppliers and subcontractors are selected based on their suitability for the service required and share our values on equality and diversity.
Team Love will treat all people equally whether they are:
- Participating in a placement
- Trainee workers and students on work experience
- An employee
- Suppliers and subcontractors
- Employees of suppliers and subcontractors
Team Love aims to implement and maintain this policy by working towards:
- Communicating the policy to all staff and any external bodies who come in close communication with the organisation – by having the policy on the internal drive, a copy printed and readily available to whoever wants to read it, referencing it on our website and T’s and C’s and providing it when requested.
- Incorporating equal opportunity notices into general communications practices.
- Providing training to employees and increase awareness of the prevalence of, and harmfulness of discrimination and prejudice on the grounds of race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- Providing training for all employees about their rights and responsibilities regarding equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the organisation provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
- Developing robust grievance and disciplinary procedures and ensuring that all staff are aware of how these can be accessed and will be implemented.
- Making opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- Making decisions concerning staff based on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the Equality Act).
- Reviewing employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
- Monitoring the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability to encourage equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Reviewing our suppliers and subcontractors on a regular basis, ensuring they continue to provide the most suitable solutions and have their own up to date equal opportunities policy and practices.
- Reviewing this policy on an annual basis, as a minimum, then taking action to address any issues.
Team Love aims to support its disabled staff by making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to prevent any disadvantage. Throughout this process the individual will be asked to indicate the types of adjustment that may be helpful for them to be able to perform their role effectively. What constitutes as a reasonable adjustment is ultimately a managerial decision and will be made within the parameters of the following factors:
- The effectiveness of the adjustment in preventing any disadvantage
- The financial and other costs of the adjustment and the extent of any disruption caused
- The extent of the company’s financial or other resources
Please email [email protected] if you have any queries or feedback.