|Job Title:||Marketing / Promotions Assistant Apprentice|
|Hours:||30 hours per week inc 20% on the job training (apprenticeship)|
|Apprenticeship Standard||Marketing Assistant Level 3|
|Rate of Pay:||Salary – £11,856 per annum|
|Start Date:||13 December 2021 (TBC)|
|Employment Term||15-18 month apprenticeship|
|Location:||Unit 6, Parkway Trading Estate, St Werburgh’s Road, St Werburgh’s, Bristol, BS2 9PG|
To work as part of our in-house marketing team running focused street-level campaigns across our shows and projects including Love Saves the Day, Love International and other projects.
- Work with the wider marketing team to create & implement marketing campaigns to promote a number of key events, including our flagship festival Love Saves the Day.
- Help to manage our flyering teams and Ambassadors, ensuring Team Love events have a strong street presence through Bristol & The South West. This will include helping to keep shops & poster spots regularly topped up with marketing materials such as posters, artwork, merchandise and flyers.
- Effectively build and manage relationships with our key distribution networks and physical advertising & street furniture partners. This is important as these partners maintain our visual presence across the city.
- Assisting the team with developing creative and engaging content for social media and our marketing flyers, in line with Team Love’s brand, ethos and wider social media strategy.
- Assist the digital marketing team with responding to enquiries & social media responses, ensuring a high standard of customer service.
- Play a key part in supporting our events, working on our social media strategy and collating content on site.
- Maintain effective day to day relationships and communication between the marketing team and internal and external stakeholders to support marketing activities.
- The opportunity to take a lead in promoting a run of one-off gig & club events across Bristol.
About Team Love
Team Love is a Festival and Events Production company. We produce our own large events with capacities exceeding 25,000 people per day, whilst also working on other major festivals and smaller-scale commercial events, Team Love are proudly Bristolian and proudly independent. We have a local emphasis, with a global outlook.
What we’re looking for
- Self-assured & personable, able to clearly & confidently communicate both with partners & distribution staff as well as customers at a street level.
- Keen interest in events, festivals & music.
- Good written communication abilities, able to confidently respond to online customer enquiries & problems.
What you’ll get from us
The benefits of working for Team Love are that you will be part of the team that has been creating revered national and international events for nearly 10 years. Love Saves The Day is one of the biggest music festivals in Bristol and we work with some of the most prolific artists in the world.
As an organisation we value working with the best professionals in the industry and we are committed to working on sustainability and diversity within our workforce and across our events.
In this role, you will be supported by the marketing team and will have the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals in the office and put this into practice during our world class events. We hope this apprenticeship will give you well rounded experience and set you up for a career in marketing.
As a business we are keen to invest in your learning and training, whilst giving you an opportunity to earn a salary. This role is being offered as a Marketing and Promotions Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship. The duration of this apprenticeship is 15 – 18 months plus End Point Assessment (EPA). On successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will consider a permanent role within the team. You will work closely with the marketing team to ensure the success of the apprenticeship experience. You can find out more information here: Marketing Assistant Level 3 – Weston College
Team Love recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality, and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds (please click here to read our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy).
We are also committed to promoting equality of opportunity for disabled staff. We aim to support disabled staff by making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to prevent any disadvantage. If you would like to discuss this informally and confidentially prior to making an application, please contact our Accessibility Manager – [email protected].
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you – please email us at [email protected] including the job title in the email subject box and attach your CV and a covering letter detailing your interest in the role, relevant experience and your passion for the role.
We can also be contacted on this email if you need to apply in an alternative format. We are happy to talk individually to you if you have any questions about the role or the application process.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 1st Dec 2021